Week 12

 For our final project I wanted to look into the air quality of Montgomery County versus Lancaster County. Where I live or Montgomery County we are close to Philadelphia which is said to be one of the cities with the worst air quality. We also have a decent amount of power plants that emit things into the air so I was curious what the comparison of air quality was from home versus here at Millersville. A lot of the data I found was until 2018. 

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/norristown/montgomery-county-gets-f-air-quality-grade-new-study

This first website is an article that spoke on how the American Lung Association released its "State of the Air 2018" report and gave Montgomery County an F grade. 


Below is a comparison of Philadelphia with the surrounding counties (including Montogmery County) and Lancaster


https://www.stateoftheair.org/city-rankings/compare-your-air.html?msa1=Lancaster,%20PA&msa2=Philadelphia-Reading-Camden,%20PA-NJ-DE-MD


Here is also a chart of the number of high ozone days in Montgomery County over the years. As you see
the numbers have gone down tremendously over the years. 

More links:
https://www.stateoftheair.org/city-rankings/states/pennsylvania/
https://www.stateoftheair.org/city-rankings/compare-your-air.html?msa1=Lancaster,%20PA&msa2=Philadelphia-Reading-Camden,%20PA-NJ-DE-MD
https://patch.com/pennsylvania/norristown/heres-how-dirty-montgomery-co-s-air-really-report-says

For my project I wanted to show the separation of high ozone days, particle pollution 24 hours and particle pollution annually. I could also put the different people at risk in different areas. 


Sketches:















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7 (Group Project)